Thread: What about this - www.rideroyalblue.com

FoundingFather, xTreasurer Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

What about this - www.rideroyalblue.com

Anyone been there, or heard about it?

"
    Whether its ATV's, dual sport, trail bikes, four wheel drive trucks, jeeps, rail buggies, or mountain bikes, you've found your ultimate destination!

Enjoy majestic mountain side vistas and thrilling rides on over 600 miles of trails, featuring picture perfect waterfalls, elk viewing and abundant wildlife.

We offer 200,000 acres suited for all skill levels. Our trails range from leisurely treks for families to white knuckle obstacles for thrill seekers
    "
    -Norm

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

I've heard about it and watched several YouTube videos from there, but it was all ATV and SxS's. Didn't even realize they were open to fullsize vehicles also until looking at it a little closer, though does look like there are a lot of ATV/SxS only trails.
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

FoundingFather, xTreasurer Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    The place is only minutes south of Harlan,KY - off of I-75, in north-east TN. If I knew it had a days worth of 'good' Jeep trails, then I would extand my Harlan trip by an extra day for this place.
    -Norm

Junior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member

Done Royal Blue, Windrock and Brimstone in RZR's....

Windrock my favorite, royal blue second, brimstone third...I could ride Windrock for a month every day and not get burned out...you tube them and you will see the trails...we went for long weekends or more...best camping, trails at Windrock..but I would do any of them anytime with anyone in this group...and camp..motels also close by...what a about Rush?

Junior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member

Windrock has more than a days worth of Jeep trails..it is a trip in itself

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

Not sure about Ride Royal Blue only being minutes away from Harlan. Just plugged in Harlan and Pioneer, TN (where the place is located) and it shows them being almost 2 hours away from each other. Though it doesn't look like Ride Royal Blue is that far further south on 75 verus where you probably get off the exit to go to Harlan.

My club here out of Cincy goes to Windrock a couple times a year. That place is huge. Hoping to plan a SxS trip this summer and Windrock is high on the list of places to go. They say the only bad thing about the place is it is so big you can get lost and may spend a lot of time driving around on gravel or dirt roads trying to find the good stuff if you don't know the area.

Rush Off-Road is another place the Cincy club is going to (think they are going this coming weekend) and is pretty big. It's in Northern Kentucky not too far south of Portsmouth and away from Rt. 23. Probably be reasonable to hit it on the way home.
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

Advisory Board Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Windrock is a huge park. And that was my complaint was lot of gravel road driving if you don't know the place very well. But trails were similar to Harlan. I enjoyed the trails there.
    1988 Samurai Truggy: yotas, locked, linked 4Ds
    2003 WJ: 6.5" long arm and 33s
    2004 F350: Tow Rig: 6.0, 6 speed on 20s and 33" wildpeaks

Thread Information