Thread: 4:1

Junior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member

4:1

I recently had a terra-flex 4:1 put in. I noticed yesterday it had puked some trans. fluid while in four low. I drove it the other day in four low and didn't notice anything. I've read a few things on various forums that this is normal. I assume the level is correct from the shop that put it in. Any input?
    Last edited by Joe Brown; 02-17-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

Where did the fluid come from? Transfer case or transmission? Vent tube?
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

Jr. Forum Member
    Don't know ,found it(oil)in the snow....

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

There are many places the fluid could come from, especially since the t-case and transmission both use ATF in many applications. If the work was recently done it could be anything from just fluid that was spilled during assembly on the skid plate or something and you just noticed it because of the snow, something was overfilled and it's puking out the vent, they didn't get a good seal between the trans and transfer case, etc, etc.... I've also seen a bad t-case input seal which lets trans fluid go from the transmission into the t-case effectively overfilling it which then pukes out the vent.
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

Jr. Forum Member
    Transfer case level is ok. Transmission level is ok...I felt around all the flat areas I could reach. No luck on finding any wet fluid lying in those places or any other place. The vent hose is not loose on the transfer case. It remains a mystery..thanks for your reply's. Surely my neighbor wouldn't be pulling my leg about seeing ATF fluid dripping.

Thread Information