Thread: Looking for suggestions on a performance shop to install full exhaust

Looking for suggestions on a performance shop to install full exhaust

First of all, this is my first post. I'm happy to find some local people with simliar interests. I just recently bought a 2003 Rubicon and I'm looking to put on a full exhaust (headers to tip). I have a quote from a friend that owns a car performance place. I think I want a magnaflow cat-back, no cats and I'm open to options on the headers. I'd really like to get a quote from an actual jeep or offroad performance shop too. Can anyone recommend such a place?

Also, does anyone have a full exhaust on their Jeep? Any recommendations on brand names with headers or cat back? Likes? Dislikes?

Thanks in advance.

Life Members Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Jr. Forum Member

I run Magnaflow on most of my vehicles some catback kits and custom build on my cj-7. Zanesville muffler and tire on 6th does a great job. They are a Magnaflow dealer and carry ss tubing also. I have bashed the bottom of the muffler on the cj and is still leak free. They tucked it up high out of the way and no issues. The kits are great all parts worked great. 97 YUKON Magnaflow catback took 20 minutes to install and has 100k on it and still looks and sounds great. I have bought many others over the years and they are the best. Just my opinion...

Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Forum Member
    check out essential auto in whitehall. the phone no.is 614-237-8809. they have done work on my jeep and he has some land cruisers he wheels with. nice guy. viet nam vet and he ownes the place.

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    I run a Banks Monster Exhaust on my 02 TJ. I love it. It sounds mean, but is not loud and obnoxious like some of the other 4.0 kits I've heard. Unless your cats are clogged, there really isn't any reason to cut them off. They are a high flow design and don't take away from performance. The biggest improvement to be made on the 4.0 is the exhaust manifold. The stocker is prone to warping and cracking under extreme environments. It also doesn't flow very well.

Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member
    Anyone have work done at TrailQuest in Plain City (very near Dublin)? They're convenient to me (if needed) and would like to know if anyone knows their reputation on prices, quality of advice, and quality of work.
    http://www.trailquest.com/
    2006 Solar Yellow Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, aka "Steppenwolf", (The first lyrics I heard the first time I turned on the radio were: "Get your motor running, set out on the highway, looking for adventure, in whatever comes our way...")
    Stock: Auto 4-speed, D44 axles, e-lock 4.11 diffs, 4.1 T-case, 265/70r16 Michelin LTX M/S2
    Added: Smittybuilt bumpers & side rails, Bushwacker flat fenders, 2" BB, Air Raid intake, 33x10.5r15 BFG KM2

FoundingFather, Treasurer Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Weve got members that deal/work with them - but I don't know how often those members get onto this site.
    -Norm

Thread Information