Thread: Painted Rock Hardcore Halloween

Senior Member Sr. Forum Member

Painted Rock Hardcore Halloween

painted rock will be host our hardcore holloween/toy drive at heiney farms in roseville oct 30-31st, trails range from stock to rock, come help the kids who have less then us.

cost per day-$10 plus a toy for a boy and a toy for a girl
    cost for the weekend-$20 plus a toy for a boy and a toy for a girl, primitive camping included.

directions from zanesville- take st rt 93 south to roseville then follow the signs to 9050 hoop pole rd

contact- ralph at painted rock 740-659-1171

Life Members Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    You indicated that trail difficulties vary. Are the trails marked as such? Does everyone just go off to do their own thing, or are there trail leaders? Also curious if the trails are full size friendly or not? As far as what the UA hit, I'd say not.
    93 YOTA - 33" LTB's, No lift/Tubbed firewall, Budbuilt crossmember/skidplate, 5.29's, Rear Spool

IMO 90% of the trails a near stock or astock rig could hit ( but that is my craziness talking) A fullsize could get around 90% of them aswell if it was a little higher than stock and a shorter wheelbase ( a stock suburabn probably wont do) I doubt we even make it to the UA stuff if we do it will only be Turtle Head that we see and only a couple folks have made it since then and its about pointless to try under a 37" tire.

Generally speaking we just take off in a single group as usually we have under 15 rigs. If we have more, or have enough stockers we will split groups. Property is about the same size as the property you came down and wheeled in the sammi several years ago so we dotn usualyl let folks go off on thier own becuase its small enough they could easily tresspass on the nieghbors.

Moderator/Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Damn...I've been wanting to take Buford out there, but it always works out that I have other stuff going on around the time when you guys ride there. I'll be going to Kentucky a few days after this ride, so I won't make it in Buford. I'm not sure what's going on that weekend, but if the weather was decent and I showed up on the ATV or bike (I'd be happy to pay the fee) would that be acceptable or not? If not, no problem.

Donnie: I'll send you a PM about a possible mid October ride.......
    Large: 1978 Ford F-250
    469 V-8: 340 HP, 525 TQ
    C6, NP-205, 4.10's, 42" TSL's on 15x8's
    D60: Detroit, 35 spline Alloy Shafts w/ Longfield Superjoints, Dedenbear Knuckles, Drive Flanges.
    1410 Driveshafts, D70-U Welded, 12K Winch, OBA.

Small: 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4

Roy, I am sure Clint wouldnt have an issue. But we advertise non atvs to keep the riff raf fout

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    Donnie you might want to look at Clints post on the ORO site about atvs.

Sr. Forum Member
    Sounds cool Donnie! Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to make it down on Sunday the 31st. I've only been out wheeling once this year and now I stand to make it to 2 rides this month. I only have Sundays off from work and when weekend rides come around I try for the Sunday. I'm glad to here that the trails will offer fun in the woods without getting too extreme and wrecking my rig which is my daily driver more than anything else these days. Most of my money these days is going towards investments. I'm trying to retain the wheelin' hobby on the cheap.
    93 YOTA - 33" LTB's, No lift/Tubbed firewall, Budbuilt crossmember/skidplate, 5.29's, Rear Spool

Bill, Roy knows clint and has been there before with his atv.

Fabulous event over 150 toys donated to the Roseville area children

Troy thanks for comming down and supporting the cuase.

Moderator/Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Hey Fawker...I was there too! Mike Lambert and I attended the Saturday ride. For the record, I donated a new yellow CAT bulldozer toy + the entry fee. I had a good time on the bike (I don't think I observed any other motorcycles there) and the quad. I left around 5:00 pm as I needed to buy a few supplies from the auto parts store (new metal brake lines for Buford)before heading home in preparation for the upcoming Slade ride.

When I left, Lambert was still there in the Willy's Jeep. Mike and I ran with the dune buggy guys most of the day.

1. It was good seeing Brian W. (early college buddy who just bought a really clean lifted red long arm Jeep TJ).
    2. Thanks to Clint for holding the event.
    3. Every person that I had any contact with at this event observed to be good people.

Thanks guys!

Roy
    Large: 1978 Ford F-250
    469 V-8: 340 HP, 525 TQ
    C6, NP-205, 4.10's, 42" TSL's on 15x8's
    D60: Detroit, 35 spline Alloy Shafts w/ Longfield Superjoints, Dedenbear Knuckles, Drive Flanges.
    1410 Driveshafts, D70-U Welded, 12K Winch, OBA.

Small: 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4

I wasnt there Saturday Roy so I didnt know you were. Thanks to you and Lambert aswell.

Sr. Forum Member
    I tried putting up a post the other night here, but it didn't work for some reason.

Me, my buddy Rick, and his boy had a great time on the Sunday ride. The first ride was fairly casual and a good time. On the second round we hit bigger challenges. Carnage as I recall included: Rick's Datsun - front body damage while dropping into a creek bed, My Yota - right fender tagged a tree while backing/sliding down a hill, another Toyota tagged same fender on another tree and later broke the pitman arm from hitting a stump in a creek bed, White Samurai - log got into right rear rim and shredded valve stem off, Black Grand Cherokee - spit out rear driveshaft on Excaliber.

A big thanks to Clint for having us and riding shotgun with me. Thanks to Ralph and his wife for the hot coffee on a cold morning and their work on the toy drive to promote the true image of wheelers. A good group of guys all around. I hope to wheel Painted Rock many more times in the future.

Thread Information