Thread: Novice trail ride

Junior Member Forum Newbie

Novice trail ride

Just wondered how the ride went and what the trails are like would like to make the next one coming up.

I attended the novice ride yesterday with my friend and coworker Steve in his Nissan Pathfinder. The ride was a LOT of fun, there was a great turnout and although it was a little hot out, it was a beautiful day for it. There was definitely a sufficient amount of challenging spots on the trails. It has us hooked, we're both going to become paying members. The guys that led the trail rides we very knowledgeable, helpful, and patient towards the novice crowd. Highly recommend this ride.

Advisory Board Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourself. Was good running with you, and hope see you out on the trails. (Btw. I was in the maroon tracker that ran with you the group you were in)
    1988 Samurai Truggy: yotas, locked, linked 4Ds
    2003 WJ: 6.5" long arm and 33s
    2004 F350: Tow Rig: 6.0, 6 speed on 20s and 33" wildpeaks

Member Jr. Forum Member
    yea ive had a great time at the rides iv been to, this last ride was awsome....even tho i didnt have any doors when the storm rolled in, got a lill wet but oh well its all part of the fun, it was sweet wheeling in the rain didnt see that coming. cant wait for next month

I just wanted to thank Ohio 4x4 and everyone involved with the Novice Ride for the amazing adventure this weekend. It was everything I hoped for and a lot more. Everyone was very patient, friendly and helpful (especially Norm). It was a real pleasure being able to go out wheeling with people and rigs as well equipped and prepared as they were. As well as my Pathfinder performed it made me realize what mods I need to do next and I am highly motivated to do it! That rain at the end was really something, eh?

If anyone took pictures and wouldn't mind sending me some please send them to PhDPerformance@frontier.com (especially if there is a red Nissan Pathfinder in them)

My co-driver spoke to a gentlemen in Group 1 in an older dark green CJ who said he might have a fuel tank skid plate for sale. I am VERY interested in it for my brothers '78 CJ5. Please contact me.

FoundingFather, xTreasurer Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Im glad you all enjoyed yourselves. The next novice ride will be in April. Or, if you want to go on our monthly club rides - info on joining the club can be found on this site, by going to the topic "Announcements", and reading "Club Information".
    -Norm

I want to say thanks to everyone at Ohio 4x4 for putting on this novice ride. I had a great time getting my Jeep (the black YJ with the small tires) out on the trail for the first time. I learned a ton, especially thanks to Norm and the other guys in my group that helped me through the tough spots. Hope to see you all again soon once I get some bigger tires and a lift.

Alex

Thread Information