Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 79 F250 BEFORE and AFTER

Member Forum Member
    Pics of how you have the shackles set up in the rear please.
    -Andy
    Suburbans, K5 Blazers and pickups. And other random junk.

Junior Member Jr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USSkoval View Post
    Pics of how you have the shackles set up in the rear please.

sorry for the crappy pic but you can kinda see it my battery died on the camera its charging now when I get a chance I'll take a better one!!!!!

By twisted84toyota at 2009-05-11

Life Members Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Jr. Forum Member

It looks like the shackle was flipped to an "under the perch" setup at some time. That alone should've been good for what, three-four inches? I'm curious how they did it.....

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
    It looks like the shackle was flipped to an "under the perch" setup at some time. That alone should've been good for what, three-four inches? I'm curious how they did it.....
    I agree. Looking at the original pictures it doesn't look like the shackle had been flipped based on the light height (front to rear height look pretty even).

Could just be the picture, but those rear shackles look kinda' flimsy. Anyway you could take some close ups of the rear shackles and mounts just out of curiosity?
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

Life Members Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Jr. Forum Member

I just put a set of 5 slot mags on mine, with 33x12.50s. They rub the fender flares a little when I turn, where the old ones didn't. Those old mags have a decent amount of offset compared to the alloy directionals I took off. I'd like to get just a little lift to get rid of the rubbing. I love those old rims....

nice wheels all I did was the add a leaf in the nose and the shackles in the rear and I'm clearing 36's..............4wheelparts had the add a leaf for 29.99 a whild back not sure if they still have it tho.......................

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    I like the wagon wheels on that 79... I been looking for a set to fit my 79 axles i have laying around. Keep at it.. great job

Where did you get those wagon wheels? I see them on a nice Dodge on my way to school everyday and wish I could get a set of 5 for my F150 once the 3/4 ton axles are in. I notice that those aren't like the 5 lug wagon wheels, like they are sharper or something.

I would also box that rear shackle, it could fold with any moderate to hard wheeling.

As for the tires, those are 36" HMMWV tires that are still in use by the U.S. military. People get them out of the DRMO piles all the time along with the 37" Goodyear HMMWV's that don't have the big side lugs like his do.
    1990 Ford F150 (Barely), Converted to 4x4, 300 Big Six with top end mods, M5R2 Gear Box, B&W 1345 T-Case, 10.25" Full-Float Rear w/factory Trac-Lok and Early '88 D44 TTB open Front geared 4.10, 2"-3" Lift and 35/37's, Dual Striaght Piped Stacks.

Other forums I can be found on:
    (FSB) fullsizebronco.com
    (PBB) pirate4x4.com
    (FSP) fordsix.com
    (F150) f150.net

Quote Originally Posted by crash-harris View Post
    Where did you get those wagon wheels? I see them on a nice Dodge on my way to school everyday and wish I could get a set of 5 for my F150 once the 3/4 ton axles are in. I notice that those aren't like the 5 lug wagon wheels, like they are sharper or something.

I would also box that rear shackle, it could fold with any moderate to hard wheeling.

As for the tires, those are 36" HMMWV tires that are still in use by the U.S. military. People get them out of the DRMO piles all the time along with the 37" Goodyear HMMWV's that don't have the big side lugs like his do.
    the wheels were on the wheels when I got them..................that have been sold off the truck now sports a set of 35" SX's....................and as far as the 36's being military tires that has already been covered................not gonna box the shackles there is no need to.......the truck is a driver not a wheeler I have a rockwell axled buggy to wheel........all the lift was tempary anyhow the truck now sports a 460 and I have lost almost all my lift, so I am now upgrade to a superlift kit 4" rear and 6" front just get a level ride........don't want it looking like a tractor puller......

I would LOVE to locate a set of JACKMAN wheels for it...........most people don't know them when they see them they have a style design all their own

here are a few updated pics..........................................

460 INSTALLED

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-11-16

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-09-13

By twisted84toyota, shot with E-500 at 2009-09-13

Thread Information