Thread: 1984 Toyota

Senior Member Sr. Forum Member

1984 Toyota

Bought this gem for $600 yesterday. He wanted $700, I tried for $500, so he met me 1/2way.

Trucks and 84, body has 155k on it. Engine is supposedly out of a yota RV with 80k onit. The frame has been cut off under the cab and a new rear section welded back on. The welds dont look the best but have held sofar. I'm going to grind them down and reweld everything so that I make sure it holds to my abuse. When I drove it it had really bad axle wrap, and the engine doesnt run very well under about 2k. Higher RPM it runs great.

Never the less I loaded it up to bring it home. I stopped at a truck stop and was tlaking to ben (my_toys) about it and the best way to remove the add a leaf and keep the rear sitting as high as it is and hten I saw that all the ubolts where lose. So the axle right might be easily cured. I'm going to try plugs and wires and a timinig adjust ment to see if it cures the low rpm issue, if not, I'll put the EFI on sooner than I thought no big deal, I plan EFI sometime anyhow, and Ben happens to have a set up.

Once the engine functions properly I'll toss my built yota axles under it, some 35's, rock sliders and wheel the poopy out of it.

Super Moderator Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadOhio View Post
    Once the engine functions properly I'll toss my built yota axles under it, some 35's, rock sliders and wheel the poopy out of it.
    I'll bet $20 that you sell it first.....
    Steve Stroud
    1987 Ford Samurai "Junkyard Dog"
    14 bolt rear welded / Hp 60 front air locker / 5.38 gears
    4-link upper triangulated rear/ 3-link front
    5.0 Ford/C6/bw 1356 doubler/np205 twin sticked
    38.5 TSL SX
    H1 Double Beadlocked Rims

"Don't hate the player......Hate the game!!!!!"

"I live my life one trail at a time!" ............Ben Stroud

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    84 Jeep XJ 2 door
    05 Suzuki Vinson 500

http://ovorcc.informe.com/

Dang, even you guys are catching on to my routine. I should hold on to this awhile, onc eI stick my $2500 worth of axles under it it might be hard to make any profit on it.

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Donnie,
    What happened to the geo? just a thought but if you were to take all the work you have put into all of your off road vehicles and put it into one you would have a super buggy 8x8 with rockwells and 46 inch claws.
    Tyler
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

Tyler, why dont you give me that zuk you just aquired so I have spare parts for my yota? ( I know what you paid for it..) I'll offer $50.

I dont want a buggy on rockwells and 42's. I like actualy having to drive my vehicle not just put it in gear and turn the wheel while it waddles around.

I have fun building something new every year.

Moderator/Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadOhio View Post
    I like actualy having to drive my vehicle not just put it in gear and turn the wheel while it waddles around.
    Don't knock it until you try it.
    Large: 1978 Ford F-250
    469 V-8: 340 HP, 525 TQ
    C6, NP-205, 4.10's, 42" TSL's on 15x8's
    D60: Detroit, 35 spline Alloy Shafts w/ Longfield Superjoints, Dedenbear Knuckles, Drive Flanges.
    1410 Driveshafts, D70-U Welded, 12K Winch, OBA.

Small: 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4

I enjoy being the little guy that goes places he shouldnt be able to. You know me.

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    I understand about being the little vehicle lol If you are after that Zuk you are after the wrong person that is technically Teffy's, but the axles are going under mine as soon as i can get them under there. I do like to read your build up threads cause it is normally an unusual vehicle or something of the nature. Sometimes even something close to what i own and nothing against jeeps but it isnt normally a jeep. The little tin top is going to be put back to samurai and hopefully made to run so teffy can drive it on the road. He owns four vehicles and has to drive my $500 pile of samurai around. Well if you do keep it good luck on it
    Tyler
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

Here is how it ran this morning

I tore it down and found the timing chain a tooth off and really lose. Awaiting parts now.

Thread Information