Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Welcome - Offical New to Forum Check in thread

Treasurer Site Admin
    Forum Member
    Thanks for pointing out that the information under "info" thread hasn't been updated since we changed meeting locations and a few other things... it should be accurate again.

The good news for you is that none of our rides are in Licking county, and you can either attend a novice ride in April or August, or come on one club ride to check out the club.
    We generally do not post club ride locations in the public forums, but we could private message you the information if you'd like to try that...
    Alan
    Black 06 Rubicon TJ
    Latest: Beadlocks
    Intentional: 2" spacer lift, 1" body+engine, 34 LTBs, Kilby gas tank skid, steering box skid, JKS swaybar disconnects, Kilby rocker guard/steps, Kilby front bumper, Smittybilt XRC8 comp winch, Durango Generator, Iron Rock Offroad control arms.
    Forced stuff: JKS adjustable front upper control arms, Delete fog lamps, On-trail body mods for greater clearance (ie Dents).
    Next: flat belly skid, 35+?, re-attach fog lights?

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    Thanks for the update. There are a few things Iím not sure about. As far as my Jeep being ready, Iím pretty confident it will be fine. Equipment is stuff I donít have. Iím not sure what I should have. When I work out the date and place with your group I donít want to be unprepared. Is there a checklist or something so I can try to be prepared?
    By my guess I think my setup is only slightly above stock. And my other concern is being the guy that slows the group down.
    If there is a list just point me to it. I should be able to hopefully meet the minimum for the person running the group that day.
    Thanks again.

Treasurer Site Admin
    Forum Member
    I'd start with a Novice ride, usually 2nd Saturday in April/August. The "checklist" for that one is pretty short. Basically just Street Legal, Mechanically Sound, Jeep-like ground clearance (ie Subaru cars tend to get stuck), and some tow points for when/if you get stuck. I'd also recommend a CB radio, since we use that to communicate within the groups.
    Alan
    Black 06 Rubicon TJ
    Latest: Beadlocks
    Intentional: 2" spacer lift, 1" body+engine, 34 LTBs, Kilby gas tank skid, steering box skid, JKS swaybar disconnects, Kilby rocker guard/steps, Kilby front bumper, Smittybilt XRC8 comp winch, Durango Generator, Iron Rock Offroad control arms.
    Forced stuff: JKS adjustable front upper control arms, Delete fog lamps, On-trail body mods for greater clearance (ie Dents).
    Next: flat belly skid, 35+?, re-attach fog lights?

Thread Information