Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welcome - Offical New to Forum Check in thread

Senior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brown View Post
    We're a different breed from the rest of the group on here..they don't seem to discriminate us for that.
    Why would anyone think to discriminate a Liberty that actually goes offroad? We're all a different breed here, mostly all mutts that pedigree BS is overrated and most rigs are more akin to the one piece at a time Cadillac. Welcome Ascender, I like your priorities.
    94 4runner SAS Elocked 35's
    78 FJ40 35's
    15 Ram 2500 Cummins 6spd

Junior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4evr13 View Post
    Why would anyone think to discriminate a Liberty that actually goes offroad? We're all a different breed here, mostly all mutts that pedigree BS is overrated and most rigs are more akin to the one piece at a time Cadillac. Welcome Ascender, I like your priorities.

That's what I like about this club we're all grouped together.

Junior Member Forum Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Brown View Post
    Hi, Brian. I also have one of them there Libertys. Looks like you've done your homework on modifications for the Liberty. Interesting that you have 4:10 gears. It's usually the last thing people do when they own one. May I ask who installed them? We're a different breed from the rest of the group on here..they don't seem to discriminate us for that.
    I try to be methodical about my modding these days. I spent a lot more money on my Park Avenue than I should have because I had to pull out a set of expensive rockers when I finally got a cam instead. So the gears were on the list from the moment I started planning my lift, and they went in before I did the rest of the work. Trail Quest up in Plain City did the gear install at a pretty reasonable price. Turns out that, in spite of the rest of the thing being in terrific shape, the front diff was full of milkshake, so the gear install probably saved me a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4evr13 View Post
    Maybe not here, but I have gotten plenty of comments about why I would bother with a Liberty. I always laugh, knowing what these little things can actually do. I'll worry about what people think when they pay my bills. Glad to find a positive place to hang out!

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    I like diversity myself. It would be rather boring if everyone had the same rig with the same capabilities.
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Forum Member
    You can get a lot of design and product research information by riding with a variety of vehicles with different suspension designs. With this group you'll see all kinds of rides, that's the best part, Ron.
    1990 YJ, 350 sbc, AX15/231, Tom Woods SYE & shaft, Dana 44's F&R, 5.13's, detroit lockers, 3.5" springs, 1"bl, 1/2" boom shackles, 35" MTR's, Warn 8274, overland bound member #3644

Forum Newbie

Looking forward to next Spring's Novice ride. I was along last year but had some brake and charging issues crop up no sooner then we started our ride. The Jeep is all ready now!

So I just sent up camp in Columbus a couple of days ago and I was wondering when the next meeting will be? Its not the same thing as the novice trail rides, correct?

Local Goon Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    you missed the meeting for this month (first Tuesday of every month). Club member ride is tomorrow (second Saturday of every month). Novice ride is in April.
    Paul

1976 CJ 5 on 37s
    1984 CJ 7 on 36's
    1993 GMC K3500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Ahh ok, I'll try and make it to the next meeting.

Hi all, new forum member here. Born and raised in toledo, moved to cbus in 2000.

i previously owned (mid 90's) a 78 cj7 w/ 304 and 32's, glass, front loop on cage, all cage and seats tied to frame, as ALL should have, metal or fiberglass!!! Lets face it, that metal is thin. Motor was slightly built, all else stock. Sold that years ago, in the late 90's. Got the bug last year and bought a 85 cj. 6 cyl, holley 390 and weber intake with headers. 4.5 lift at time of purchase, only 3" now w/ 33's. Stock drivetrain being a t5 trans, dana 300 with a dana 30 upfront and the BS amc 20 out back. I have been fixing all the PO's mistakes just to get it to run/STEER correctly!!!!! (long story there, posted a little in the jeep pics thread)). Its steers great NOW, can do 55 on hwy and take honds off....NO WOBBLE . (a little "veering" during shifting, i think short wheelbase issues).

I would consider myself a very advanced novice to moderate skilll level, but that can be a bit subjective at times. With the old jeep I often attended local events with the local shop(s). Poker runs, trails, charity ect.

That said.......

i would like to attend a "novice ride" ASAP, and from what I read, as a NON paying member, Im still allowed a trailride 1x? Something like that. Please let me know what i may or may not be understanding. Looking fwd to riding some trails around here....i dont know of many.

Any dates for the above rides?

Thanks

Steve

Senior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Welcome Steve, You'll have a great time with the club.
    '01 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 L Auto, 78 Dodge Dana 60/70 with 4.88 gears, ARB front, Lincoln locked rear, Dana 300 transfer case, 4 link upper triangulated front and rear, 4 inch lift, 38.5 boggers rear, TSL-SX front, tube fenders, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, 1.25" BBL, 1" MML, Warn M8000, fuel cell, custom drive shafts, belly up skidplate.
    '00 Jeep Wrangler TJ
    '67 Jeep CJ-5A Basket case

'04 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig

Advisory Board Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Welcome. I believe the next novice ride will be the second Saturday in April. When it gets nearer there will be info posted. And yes as a non member you are allowed a ride to try out the club. Meetings are first Tuesday of the month at donatos pizza on corner of Brice and Livingston @ 7 ish in downstairs party room. Stop on by and they'll be able to fill you in on more.
    1988 Samurai Truggy: 37 stickies, yotas, locked & 5.29s, 6.5 sammy t case, 105" wheelbase, 4 link rear w/ air shocks, hydro assist, winch, lots tube, etc.
    1997 Tracker: Straight axled, 5.13s, on 33s
    2004 F350: Tow Rig, 6.0, 6 speed on 20s and 33" wildpeaks

Jr. Forum Member

Rode Saturday with James and Norm....they are good salesmen and wheelers.....Jeep Rubicon, (4 inch lift, 35's and winch) and RZR's, previous dirt and dual sport bikes...looking for tougher trails than most and do not care what anyone wheels...we are luckier than most with trails in southern Ohio, KY and TN...Vinton is my favorite in Ohio...completed my application, wrote the check, and will mail tomorrow.....enjoyed the late nite ride, thanks to both of you for asking me along.

FoundingFather, Treasurer Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member
    Once I get the membership application, I will have the web-master give you access to the members-only area of this site.
    If you have any other questions, email me at :
    CLARKN@battelle.org
    -Norm

Hi all! Ron here, I was driving the RED Dodge Pickup on Saturday's novice ride. I got the forum addy from Rex, so I can check-in with the group.

I had a fantastic time with everyone on Saturday, and am amazed at everything my truck made it through. Hosed off the truck yesterday and inspected it underneath, NO damage or drips! I just need to fix the clips holding the air dam on the front, and mildly straighten the side-steps.

Will anyone be posting up pictures or video from the trip?

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I got the itch to off-road a few years ago when a buddy of mine from MI took me to Bundy Hill with his heavily modded Samurai. At the first chance I got after that I purchased a 4x4, which was an s10 zr2. I took the s10 to Bundy, PA back trails and a farm trail (approved use). The s10 proved to be unreliable in the long run, blowing a head gasket after 30k miles of pain and agony trying to keep it going. However during that time I ended up purchasing my Xterra.

I have put about 20k miles on the Xterra now. I've spent more money modding it than repairing it thankfully, which has allowed me to really enjoy it's ability to get off-road. I've been to Rush, Haspin and some Pennsylvania back trails. I'd like to get the Xterra to Bundy, Badlands, and back to Rush. I have a lot of plans for the Xterra including a SAS long ways down the line. For now it's both my daily and my 'toy' as the wife puts it. I look forward to meeting with you all soon if given the opportunity, sadly I've missed the recent novice rides due to work conflicts.

Some info about the X is in my sig, complete info in my profile.

Thanks!
    -Ben
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    - J. R. R. Tolkien

My Rig: 2004 Xterra, slightly modified: front lunchbox locker, arb bumper, snorkel, 1.5" lift w/ HD torsion bars and shackles, on 265/75r16 KO2s. Along with a few other things that don't help off-road.

Thread Information