Thread: 3.0 Zook (302 zook now)

Dragonswing Ohio 4x4 Member
    Jr. Forum Member

3.0 Zook (302 zook now)

I got all moved in and believe it or not...I managed to fit almost ALL of my aquired s#*t into the garage! I managed to keep some sense of organization during the move and can still walk around the Zook.

I have been letting things go, in order to keep the aquisitions to a minimum (space is of the essence) As soon as Steve got the load for Ernie, I picked up the 38's (to assist in keeping Steve's garage clutter-free) I just could'nt wait to see what they were going to look like...so I mounted them to the toyo axles and snapped a few pics. I was in some need of encouragment. (it's been awhile) I stood back and got rejunivated once again.

I started taking it apart (again), to get to the frame, and to discard the tub. I've got a friend who needed the floor-pans for his. I have to have Steve do some more welding, and fitting of the Mustang motor-mounts. AND then, maybe I can position the "tin-top" tub to the frame for the first time. I really want to get the tub in the garage (and on the frame) before the weather starts getting too chilly!

Now that we've got a specific forum for "build-ups",I'll start posting here instead of the "Zuki" post.

Jr. Forum Member

a pic

had to figure out how to post this pic

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Rob
    It's looking good! Also thanks for the parts!
    Tyler
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

Jr. Forum Member

Your welcome! I'm just glad that their going to a good home! I hope you can use some of it...I know it was'nt much, but the "box" should keep you from buying some essientials for awhile. I hope to see you guys soon!

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Yep we will be using a lot of it i'm sure there was enough that it filled my zuk except the drivers seat. Hope fully when you get yours done we can go hit some trails together.
    Tyler
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

Senior Member Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member

YEP It's been a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3.0zook View Post
    I got all moved in and believe it or not...I managed to fit almost ALL of my aquired s#*t into the garage! I managed to keep some sense of organization during the move and can still walk around the Zook.

I have been letting things go, in order to keep the aquisitions to a minimum (space is of the essence) As soon as Steve got the load for Ernie, I picked up the 38's (to assist in keeping Steve's garage clutter-free) I just could'nt wait to see what they were going to look like...so I mounted them to the toyo axles and snapped a few pics. I was in some need of encouragment. (it's been awhile) I stood back and got rejunivated once again.

I started taking it apart (again), to get to the frame, and to discard the tub. I've got a friend who needed the floor-pans for his. I have to have Steve do some more welding, and fitting of the Mustang motor-mounts. AND then, maybe I can position the "tin-top" tub to the frame for the first time. I really want to get the tub in the garage (and on the frame) before the weather starts getting too chilly!

Now that we've got a specific forum for "build-ups",I'll start posting here instead of the "Zuki" post.
    Will be GREAT to have you back on the trail~~ Very much looking forward to having the "Lost Springfield Gang" back together on the trail!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SES; 09-12-2007 at 09:25 AM.
    "MUD" the Alixer of LIFe
    87 Zuk tin top~200 HP Vortec V6
    350TH auto, np203 splitter,
    Dana 300 T/C. 4/10 aussie
    locked Toy diff. 38 14/50 swampers
    & 38 /15 Bogers

Super Moderator Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Good deal!

Now get busy!!!! The Melt is only 8 months away.....It took me a solid 6 months to get mine to the shakedown run.

(Things should go much quicker on the suspension, though, after the learning curve on mine)
    Steve Stroud
    1987 Ford Samurai "Junkyard Dog"
    14 bolt rear welded / Hp 60 front air locker / 5.38 gears
    4-link upper triangulated rear/ 3-link front
    5.0 Ford/C6/bw 1356 doubler/np205 twin sticked
    38.5 TSL SX
    H1 Double Beadlocked Rims

"Don't hate the player......Hate the game!!!!!"

"I live my life one trail at a time!" ............Ben Stroud

Jr. Forum Member

Thats just what I needed!!!...a swift kick in the ...you know where! like there is'nt enough hours-in-a-day as it is! sheeesh! lol

Jr. Forum Member

...In keeping with the tight schedule that I set for myself, I hauled-off the 3.0 motor to a friend that thinks that he can find a Ford Ranger to put it in. The "tub" was sent off also. I "placed" the tin-top on the frame for measuring,and to get a feel as to how this should proceed. Next on the list is to place the motor where I want it and get some measurements for the mounts.
    Took a couple 'o pics for you to check out the "in progress"

Sr. Forum Member

Thumbs up Keep on renching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on keeping on. Get that thing DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am at the house working on mine as well. Am installing a set of used , I think there called Ring Fields. they have a ring welded around the out side of the birfield and are re heat treated for added strength. Not nearly as good as the Long fields but should be better then the stock one's I've been running.
    "MUD" the Alixer of LIFe
    & 38 /15 Bogers

Jr. Forum Member

I keep on keepin on...After 3 wasp-nest,4 mudd-dobbers nest and a mouse's nest in the heater, I have the interior striped-out. I want to wash out the tub to see just what I'm looking at when it comes to the patch-pannels...plus I have to "tweak the tunnel" a bit. Lucky for me the "plans" call for some surgery where the rust already is...so it already helped me in the cutting dept.
    I'm having some issues with the Hummer front clip. It seems that with the tub set to the rear, bringing the front clip towards the rear also,has made a conflict with the 38's space.If I place the hood farther toward the front it'll look really funny! (but I don't want to cut it up either!) We shall see...

Sr. Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 3.0zook View Post
    I keep on keepin on...After 3 wasp-nest,4 mudd-dobbers nest and a mouse's nest in the heater, I have the interior striped-out. I want to wash out the tub to see just what I'm looking at when it comes to the patch-pannels...plus I have to "tweak the tunnel" a bit. Lucky for me the "plans" call for some surgery where the rust already is...so it already helped me in the cutting dept.
    I'm having some issues with the Hummer front clip. It seems that with the tub set to the rear, bringing the front clip towards the rear also,has made a conflict with the 38's space.If I place the hood farther toward the front it'll look really funny! (but I don't want to cut it up either!) We shall see...
    WEEEELLLLLLLLL~~~~~ If you decide to get rid of it-------
    "MUD" the Alixer of LIFe
    & 38 /15 Bogers

Jr. Forum Member

Well...now that the Zukimelt is approaching faster by the day, looks as though I'll miss it this year again. I'm not worried though, I've waited 2 years so far,another one won't kill me. I have to give a HUGE thanks to Steve and Larry, for all their work on my Zuk! I've been busy with other little-projects (like life) and really have'nt done much after the 3-link was accomplished, but after aquiring pieces for these years, I've gotten pretty much most of all that I'll need to finish it(except time). I have made a deal with my wife to get-er-done this year...so she can park her Lincoln in the garage this winter. So I'm kinda' "locked-in" to this commitment! I've slacked and slid through the past...so now I'm gonna hafta' get dirty! I'll keep ya posted w/pics as it goes. Steve and Larry...I WILL be wheeling with ya soon!

Sr. Forum Member

Talking Steve and Larry...I WILL be wheeling with ya soon!

Gonna hold you to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "MUD" the Alixer of LIFe
    & 38 /15 Bogers

Thread Information