Thread: 31" SS LTB's, anyone here run them

Junior Member Forum Newbie

31" SS LTB's, anyone here run them

im 19 and on a prety tight budget as far as parts go, i need some tires so i was looking at buying some 31" ltbs on black steel wheels for my wrangler.. Didnt know who here is running them and was just currioius how capable of a tire they are? ive got the 2 inch puck lift and was wantin to do some trail ridin. thanx
    06' TJ wragler.
    Super 35 w/arb, 4.88's, ARB oba, Currie Rear bumper w/tire carier, Custom front bumper, Mile Marker PE8000lb winch, Many Lights, 4" procrap lift, 1" spacer in the front, 1.25in body lift, Jks Disconects, 35" Procomp Mt's on black Cragars. And a CB radio!

Moderator Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

I like them. I ran the 34" LTBs and thought they worked great. There pretty soft so I"m not sure how well they'd last on the roads everyday.

Evan
    `92/79 Toyota Blazer 350 engine, TH 350/NP203, fullsize axles, 38.5" boggers, bed mounted John Deer radiator, onboard welder.

Army M35A2 "Duece and a Half" 6x6 cargo truck

Administrator/Web Wheeler Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    I also run them in 34's. I wouldn't run them for a daily driver as they are hard to balance and I don't think they would last long on the road, but if your running them as a second set they are great.

Senior Member Sr. Forum Member bhawkin2's Avatar
    You can fit 33's with that lift,its tight but nothing rubs on the street. I had the same setup an just added a 1"BL to gain a little extra clearance.
    I run 33 BFG MT's an they work great on the road an off, found mine used for $300 an bought 5 crager soft 8's 15x8 with 4"BS from summit racing lugs an center caps shipped to my door an got them the next day for $285 so for $585 did'nt think I did to bad, cause I was going to do the same combo as you but heard about how quick the LTB's would wear out an I can't afford to spend a grand a year on tires. Sorry to rant.
    99 XJ Cherokee
    4.0L ,AW4 ,NP231
    HP30, turdy 5
    Bo Hawkins

Senior Member Sr. Forum Member
    LTB's will wear terrible.

I cna get 31 in dunlop mud rovers for $112 each if interested. add 10 bucks to that per tire if ya want em installed.

Vice President Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Roger P runs the 31's and i believe he is happy with their performance but they are strictly off road. My brother ran his 33's on road for about two or three months and had them about half bald.
    Tyler
    1988 Suzuki Samurai,SPOA, 31x12.50 boggers, 15x10 Eagle 589s, 6.5:1 T-case gears, H shift pattern in t case. F/R lockers, diff guards, rocksliders, custom bumper w/ 5500LB winch, power steering, rear disc brakes, Sony CD player and 6.5" speakers, 300 watt amp, and 10" sub.

yea i think i might look into a diffrent tire then since i have to use mine as a daily driver though, i was posibly looking at some M/T baja claws or something, if any of you guys know someone witha good used set of 31's it would greatly be appreciated. thanx
    06' TJ wragler.
    Super 35 w/arb, 4.88's, ARB oba, Currie Rear bumper w/tire carier, Custom front bumper, Mile Marker PE8000lb winch, Many Lights, 4" procrap lift, 1" spacer in the front, 1.25in body lift, Jks Disconects, 35" Procomp Mt's on black Cragars. And a CB radio!

Member Jr. Forum Member
    I have LTB's on my samurai, but it runs about 100 miles a year. Good for offroad, they drive pretty good on road but I couldn't tell you about wear.

If you are looking for something that is great onroad, yet still does alright off road, I'm a huge fan of BFG A/T's. Obviously not as good of an offroad tire, but they wear great, and work well in snow too.
    ~Mike
    '03 Subaru WRX (for sale)
    '91 Chevy 1500 (18.3 in the 1/4 mile!)
    '06 Suzuki Ozark 250

Moderator Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

I'd get the BFG MT's if you want the best of both worlds. There tread isn't as aggresive as a swamper, but for a daily driver that sees a club ride 6 to 12 times per year you'd probably be happy with them. The BFG AT's would work, but for the price you'd be severly dissappointed in them as an offroad tire. Or course you'd probably not need new tires for like 5 years

Evan
    `92/79 Toyota Blazer 350 engine, TH 350/NP203, fullsize axles, 38.5" boggers, bed mounted John Deer radiator, onboard welder.

Army M35A2 "Duece and a Half" 6x6 cargo truck

Member Jr. Forum Member
    I have the BFG MT in 31" for all the reasons already mentioned. As my DD with an auto locker in the rear I needed something that would last.
    Bought them used from two different sellers, ended up with 6 BFG's and one Procomp. Tossed one of the BFG's, kept one for 'just in case', and the other 4 are in great shape. I use the almost new procomp as the spare, total $250. Then went to Summit, 5 15x7 soft 8's $200.

Senior Member Sr. Forum Member
    I really like my Mickey Thompson MTZ's. The do good on the trails and still not real loud on the street. Probably not any used ones out the yet seeing they haven't been out that long. I have had the 31's and 33's.
    2001 TJ
    You know you have a real Jeep
    "When you spend more on carwashes than on Insurance"

well if anyone has any used 31's or 33's for a good price give me a shout cause im lookin for some
    06' TJ wragler.

Thread Information