Thread: Need your help.. Getting scammed by BILLY RICKLES aka Krukedwayz4x4...

Junior Member Forum Newbie

Need your help.. Getting scammed by BILLY RICKLES aka Krukedwayz4x4...

Well the time has come for me to ask for your help...

At the end of July I contacted Billy Rickles of Krukedwayz4x4 about some H1 wheels he had in an auction. I originally thought we would handle it all through Ebay but he said just send him the money and he would send me out (5) 12 Bolt Hummer beadlock wheels. I shouldn't have done it but he had good feedback and saw he was on some message boards... So I sent him out a US Postal money order which he received around Aug 1st.. He emailed me when he got it and said the wheels would go out within a few days.
    Around the 12th I emailed him to find out if the wheels had been shipped since he never sent a tracking number like he said. No reply Around the 14th I called him to find out where the wheels were. No answer.. Then on the 15th a guy by the name of Andrew answered Billys cell phone and said he would check into it and have Billy contact me the next morning. Didn't hear from anyone so I called around lunchtime. Billy answered and said there was a mix up with my order and my wheels got sent to powered coating. Then said he would get another set out to me and call me the next day with a tracking number. Again, nothing.... So I called him the 18th and the 19th.. No answer and no replies to emails. On the 20th I sent him a polite email asking what was going on. At the ned of the email I stated: "Please dont make me have to take other actions."... Got a reply the next morning telling me to hold on and please dont send threating emails. He then went on about how they have 300-400 orders going out a day and that it was a simple mistake... Then a$$ured me he would check into it once I sent him all my info so he could check on my order... After that I received nothing yet again.... And since then I have had no replies from him and he wont answer his phone...

I looked on the net and found a few phone numbers for him. Even called his parents house yesterday. I just asked if they knew where he was and if they could give me his work number. I think I spoke to his Mom... She only gave me his cell which I already had...

I sent sent Billy a US Postal money Order for $322.15.. And I received nothing. So I am asking for your help..

**********Moderator Edit***********

.....No personal information shall be posted on the OHIO4X4 board for the purposes of spamming, harassment, etc. of another individual or business, period.... SES

Last edited by SES; 09-09-2006 at 04:05 PM.
    Mike

Emmettology 101 on CK5

Lifer Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Sr. Forum Member

I am not sure what you are asking us to do. I sure hope that you are not asking us to "spam" this person because you had a bad deal with him. There are appropriate channels for you to use to resolve this issue.

With that said, did the said exchange occur on this BBS? Has the person who offered the rims for sale posted on this BBS?

While I appreciate that you are "giving us a heads up", I do not think that your message is appropriate on this BBS. Would you please remove his contact information from the message above.

-- Mike

Super Moderator Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Thank you Mike.

A "heads up" is appropriate here. To enlist others for harassment is NOT.
    Steve Stroud
    1987 Ford Samurai "Junkyard Dog"
    14 bolt rear welded / Hp 60 front air locker / 5.38 gears
    4-link upper triangulated rear/ 3-link front
    5.0 Ford/C6/bw 1356 doubler/np205 twin sticked
    38.5 TSL SX
    H1 Double Beadlocked Rims

"Don't hate the player......Hate the game!!!!!"

"I live my life one trail at a time!" ............Ben Stroud

Thank you and sorry about the personal info!
    Mike

Emmettology 101 on CK5

Super Moderator Ohio 4x4 Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krylon
    Thank you and sorry about the personal info!
    No problem Mike! We do appreciate the heads up on this individual, though.

SES
    Steve Stroud
    1987 Ford Samurai "Junkyard Dog"
    14 bolt rear welded / Hp 60 front air locker / 5.38 gears
    4-link upper triangulated rear/ 3-link front
    5.0 Ford/C6/bw 1356 doubler/np205 twin sticked
    38.5 TSL SX
    H1 Double Beadlocked Rims

"Don't hate the player......Hate the game!!!!!"

"I live my life one trail at a time!" ............Ben Stroud

Moderator / Life Member Moderator
    Sr. Forum Member

If your problem does not get resolved contact the local police in his area. With the documentation you have (assume the deal was made via e-mail or PM) and the fact you sent him money via USP you should have a case. I think you could get him on mail fraud among other things.
    Brad
    '90 Blazer - 6.2 diesel, 700r4, Dana 60, 14 bolt, locked, 39.5" Super Swamper TSLs, winch, rollcage, yada, yada, yada......

Update:

Have contacted:

US Postal Inspector
    www.ic3.gov (FBI)
    Mississippi Attorney General...

searching the internet for more places to contact...... I will not let thisgo away until something is done..
    Mike

Emmettology 101 on CK5

Well it has finally happened! After 5 months of waiting, I have received 4 out of the 5 wheels I ordered. Although it took contacting the Missouri Attorney Generals office and getting their Cyber Crime division involved.

Have contacted them again as I ordered 5 and only received 4, so they will be working on getting me the 5th wheel...

And now since i posted my experience with guy on message forums, he is threatening to sue me for Libel, Slander, Defirmation of Character. :shakinghead:
    Mike

Emmettology 101 on CK5

Thread Information