Thread: 85 4runner build the start

Member Forum Member

85 4runner build the start

changed my mind on my 85 4 runner now its getting 5" long travel springs all the way around rock sliders,hy-steer,ubolt flip, and the aussie lockers came in today lots of work to do. Now I need to find a good place to build my drive shaft any ideas?
    concepts2creations.org

Life Members Ohio 4x4 Life Member
    Sr. Forum Member
    if u r using it on the road and can weld, buy the tube at a driveshaft shop (got mine at driveline one, was about $50) and just make your own--i assume u have the ends of the shaft and just need different length
    they're not much fun to get apart at home, but can be done. press the ends into the new tube, but not quite until it bottoms, then bolt into the truck and spin it while having a dial indicator on it and tap the ends until u get a good reading--the closest i could get mine was about 0.007" which i thought would be too much, but i haven't noticed any vibes...
    if off-road use only, i've read about some people just using a piece of square tubing inside another piece, welded to the ends....just some ideas

Member Forum Member
    thanks I do plan to drive on road some not that much I will have to give them a call to get the tube.
    concepts2creations.org

Thread Information