Thread: Off-road trips out of state.

Junior Member Forum Newbie

Off-road trips out of state.

Hello all. Iím a new Jeep owner, always wanted one. Iím inexperienced so I am asking this question based on my limited experience. Does the group ever plan trips outside of Ohio? I understand the logistics would be tough just to get a few people together for a lengthy road trip. Has it been discussed, or done before? Iíve watched a ton of videos and read quite a bit of information about the many different trail runs outside of Ohio. I understand I need to practice at home and build my skills. Not that there is a ton of places near me. But my goal is to see and experience these places someday. Iím not talking Moab tomorrow, but that would be awesome to have that as a goal. Or Black Bear pass. Lol, seems far away.
    Anyway if the group has done any trips out of state Iíd like to know how it went. I just read something about the Jeep honor badge app as well. Sounded kinda cool too.

Thanks
    06 Wrangler X

Treasurer Site Admin
    Forum Member
    There have been several trips to Kentucky, usually near Slade KY.
    I seem to recall a few organized a trip out to Moab one year...
    And there is always talk of the BIG trip out to do the Rubicon Trail in CA...

Usually these are more "groups of members arranging together" more than "official club functions", though to be honest I'm not sure what the real distinction is!
    Alan
    Black 06 Rubicon TJ
    Latest: Beadlocks
    Intentional: 2" spacer lift, 1" body+engine, 34 LTBs, Kilby gas tank skid, steering box skid, JKS swaybar disconnects, Kilby rocker guard/steps, Kilby front bumper, Smittybilt XRC8 comp winch, Durango Generator, Iron Rock Offroad control arms.
    Forced stuff: JKS adjustable front upper control arms, Delete fog lamps, On-trail body mods for greater clearance (ie Dents).
    Next: flat belly skid, 35+?, re-attach fog lights?

Thread Information